| Home | Menu | Poems | Poets | Reading | Theme | Biography | Articles | Photo | Dictionary | Chat | Video | Shop | Extra | Jokes | Games | Science | Bio | বাংলা

The Dawn of New Creation - Kazi Nazrul Islam


(Aaj Srishti Shukher Ullashey)

Today at the Nativity of New Creation,
A thrill of joy runs riot in me,
My face is aglow, my eyes are radiant,
My blood boils and bubbles and dances in ecstasy
Today at the Baptism of New Life!



Today in the imprisoned well of my heart –
A deluge arises and the flood-tide violently
breaks through the barriers.
There comes smile, there are tears,
Liberty appears, fetters follow,
I learn to speak, today, my bosom is
split up, there comes the joy of
my bitter sorrow,
Lo! There comes the sorrow of
a forlorn heart –
Today at the Baptism of a New world!



There appear the deserted, there wail the dejected,
And heart-rending lamentations beggar description,
The ocean is swelling, the sky trembling,
the wind blowing,
Vishnu's discus piercing the firmament,
the trident of Shiva being hurled.
Behold! The comet and the meteor
Out to subvert the Creation:
At this, in my breast are blossoming
now the flowers of million gardens,
Ay, at the prospect of a Millennium!

- Translated by Abdul Hakim

Kazi Nazrul Islam

No comments: