| Home | Menu | Poems | Poets | Reading | Theme | Biography | Articles | Photo | Dictionary | Chat | Video | Shop | Extra | Jokes | Games | Science | Bio | বাংলা

Another Bit And An Offer - Ezra Pound

I see by the morning papers
That America's sturdy sons
Have started a investigation
Of the making of guns.

The morning paper tells me
They have asked the senate to guess
Whether Mr. Dupont and the gun-sharks
Have influence with the press.

I sit alone in the twilight
After my work is done
And wonder if my day's three and eight-pence
Would count on the price of a gun.

Was I started wrong as a kiddie,
And would my old man have been smarter
To send me to work in Vickers
Instead of being a carter?


Ezra Pound

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The very heart of your writing while appearing agreeable at first, did
not work properly with me after some time. Someplace within the
sentences you actually were able to make me
a believer but only for a short while. I still have got a problem
with your jumps in assumptions and one might do nicely to
fill in all those gaps. In the event you actually can accomplish that, I will undoubtedly be fascinated.


Stop by my homepage -