| Home | Menu | Poems | Poets | Reading | Theme | Biography | Articles | Photo | Dictionary | Chat | Video | Shop | Extra | Jokes | Games | Science | Bio | বাংলা

Another Time And Place [Elizabeth deSpain]


Elizabeth deSpain

So I saw you today.
It's certainly been a while.
I looked up as our eyes met
And I caught your first smile.

Then the flashbacks started,
From the week before last
Then your smile faded
As you relived the past.

That day things went different,
That one you have just remembered.
I hoped that to this day your
Heart wouldn't be torn and tethered.

Yet the look on your face told
Me all I ever wanted to know.
That you still hurt, and you're trying
Your hardest to not let that show.

Why won't you tell me to my
Face that you don’t want to see me?
That you're angry and that
You want me to let you be?

Why won't you tell me that you
Don't want me to talk to you?
That we can no longer be friends
And we are forever through?

Just please don't grimace in pain
Every time you see my face.
I wish things could've been different
In another time and place.

No comments: