| Home | Menu | Poems | Poets | Reading | Theme | Biography | Articles | Photo | Dictionary | Chat | Video | Shop | Extra | Jokes | Games | Science | Bio | বাংলা

Depression [Elizabeth deSpain]


Elizabeth deSpain

Another year has passed,
And I still can't forget.
Though many tears have fallen,
I can't find a way to regret.
With each day that passes,
I still keep a smile.
My pretend world that I
Live in has been here a while.
My depression deepens, leaving
A wound on my broken soul.
And at times I feel angry, and
My temper loses all control.
Yet I still find a way to
Hide the truth beneath the masks.
And many times I want to give
Up, for it's such a hard task.
Still, I keep moving though
I have become fragile and weak.
A new way and a glimpse of
Hope, is all my mind seeks.
And all the negative things
That are taking over my world
Only remind me of the wrath
Of hell that has unfurled.
A safe place of refuge is
All I need and want to find.
To put me out of my misery
Would only make you too kind.
For I am a girl to which
Darkness comes near.
And all that's left for me is
Hatred, Bitterness, and Fear.

No comments: