| Home | Menu | Poems | Poets | Reading | Theme | Biography | Articles | Photo | Dictionary | Chat | Video | Shop | Extra | Jokes | Games | Science | Bio | বাংলা

Talking From The Inside [Elizabeth Tyease Collins] December 22,1992



Elizabeth Tyease Collins

It was my heart that tore through love and death
to be right by your side,
it was my fists that knocked out ever loser and creep
that ever caused you pain,
it was my actions that I thought kept you safe here
in my arms,
safe here with no harm,
safe with no distractions.

It was my voice that spoke through the darkness that let
the people know that you're the best person you can be,
to let them know that you're not a perfect human being,
to let them see that your eyes are heavy with guilt but could
be filled with tears, and they listened with echos,
I made sure of it.

It was my eyes that teared up when I saw the way you looked
at me through the reflection,
like I was a sight that you never wanted to see,
you spoke with such intensity that I never knew how to breathe.
You took scissors from off the bathroom sink and cut off all of our hair,
left almost bald with eyeliner streaming down your face,
with death engraved inside your heart that I kept safe,
the reflection you busted with the scissors in your hands,
dripping down so fast like quicksand,
I yell in our head to do it again,
to watch the reflection break apart,
but you stared wild-eyed and
I slowly realized,
that the person on the inside wasn't the real you.

No comments: